Using a claims solicitor to get compensation for an injury
Everyone does their best to avoid accidents, whether they are on the road or in the workplace, but sometimes they are unavoidable. Clearly, some professions are more dangerous than others and despite severe health and safety laws, accidents do happen.
If you had an accident or were a victim of a workplace accident due to the negligence of your employer, then you might benefit from the services of a claims solicitor. When you are the victim of an accident, it can affect you both physically and mentally. Physically, the injuries you have sustained may require a long recovery period and lead to you missing work and perhaps finding childcare difficult. Experience really can make all the difference as to whether a personal injury compensation claim succeeds or fails and also can affect the amount of compensation awarded. Take our simple 30 second test to see if you can make a claim for compensation.
What you will need for your claims solicitor
- Ensure sure that you write down all the details of the accident as early as possible. Consider the position fully and try and remember as much detail as possible. This can then help your solicitor establish whether you have a case for compensation and pursue the correct course of action.
- You may be worried that by reporting the accident and claiming compensation it will affect your job but you should try and put these worries out of your mind. Employers are obliged to get employers liability insurance and there are laws to prevent mistreatment of employees who have claimed compensation after an accident.
- Employers must maintain a safe workplace and protect their employees and if an accident has occurred that was not your fault, you are entitled to claim for compensation.
- Consider accurate costs that you have experienced due to your injury and write them down – medical costs travel to hospital for follow up appointments. You may be able to claim these back.
- The claims solicitor will deal with your case so you can get on with your recovery. They will keep you abreast of matters and will always explain the stages of the case in straightforward terms. The amount of compensation you receive if you win will vary from case to case but your solicitor will discuss estimates with you.
Accident Advice Helpline have many years of experience of dealing with all different types of personal injury claims and has access to the most appropriate claims solicitor for the case in hand and will always strive to recover the maximum amount of compensation our clients deserve, in the shortest possible time. Call us free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim.