There are many different injuries and incidents that can lead to compensation claims; including car crashes, food poisoning, construction accidents, injuries from faulty products, slips and trips, motorbike accidents, repetitive strain injury, industrial diseases and much, much more. Irrespective of what type of incident you have been involved in, you can use the tips in this post to build up a strong claim.
Claims in Portsmouth
Let’s take a look at some top tips for building strong claims in Portsmouth:
- See a medical professional – There is only one place to begin and this is with the fact that you simply must see a doctor if you want to have any chance of securing compensation. You will struggle to find a lawyer that will take on your case if you have not seen a medical professional, as the report they provide is the most crucial piece of evidence.
- Report the case (if applicable) – In some instances, it is necessary to report the incident you have been involved in. For example, if you have been involved in a workplace accident, you need to inform your employer and/or safety representative, as they are required to have an accident book by law and will need to record the incident in this. Another example includes road traffic accidents, which usually need to be reported to the police.
- Keep proof of expenses – You should keep proof of any out of pocket expenses you have encountered because of your injuries. This includes the likes of loss of earnings, medical expenses, travel costs, childcare costs, vehicle repair costs and such like.
- Make a note of everything that occurred – As soon as you get the opportunity, you should make a note of everything that happened in as much detail as possible. This will ensure you don’t forget anything important later down the line.
- Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline – We are one of the leading law companies in the United Kingdom, with over 15 years of experience in helping personal injury victims to get the full amount of compensation they deserve. All of our solicitors work on a no-win no-fee* basis, ensuring a degree of financial protection.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline
Call us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and have a chat to our friendly advisers, free of any obligation to make a claim. They will be able to answer all your questions and put your mind at rest that your claim will be in safe hands. If you are thinking of making personal injury compensation claims in Portsmouth, pick up your phone and make the call today.