Road traffic accidents and claims in North Dorset

Most of us rely on our cars to make our lives easier. We use them to ferry us from home to work and school, to do our shopping, and to visit family members, Unfortunately, cars can also be deadly devices, which can cause us series injuries and even death. Road traffic accidents are sadly all too common these days, and our team, at Accident Advice helpline, are here to help you if you have been injured in a road traffic accident.

Claiming for road traffic accidents

If you have been injured in a road traffic accident, you are probably wondering if you can make compensation claims in North Dorset, or anywhere else in the UK.. You can make a road traffic accident claim if you are a driver, cyclist or pedestrian who was involved in an accident that was someone else’s fault.

Who pays the compensation?

If your compensation claim is successful, it is likely that your settlement will be paid by the insurance company of the person who caused the accident. It is for this reason that you should never feel ashamed or uncomfortable about making a personal injury claim following a road traffic accident.

All vehicle drivers are required to have insurance for just such event, if they did not have insurance at the time of your accident, then they were breaking the law and by bringing this to the attention of everyone, you will be helping to make the roads safer.

How do I claim?

In order to make a claim for road traffic accident compensation, you will need to be able to provide some basic evidence to back up your claim. You will need:

  • Medical evidence of your injuries
  • Witnesses to the accident
  • Details of when and how the accident occurred

It would also be useful if you had photographs of the scene, but we understand that this is not usually the first thing you think about after being involved in a road traffic accident.

In addition to having the relevant evidence, you must ensure that it has not been longer than 3 years since your accident took place. There is a 3 year limit on when you can claim, so you do need to make a move and contact us as quickly as possible if you want to file a claim.

No win no fee

At Accident Advice Helpline, we work on a contingency basis, only collecting a fee if and when we are able to secure road traffic compensation for you.

To find out more about claiming for road traffic accidents in Pendle, give Accident Advice Helpline a call on 0800 689 0500 free from your landline. You can also call us on 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone. Calls from mobiles will be charged.

Is there anything wrong with this page?
Report Post
Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.